Monday, April 2, 2012

Why are you here?

I've kind of been drawing a blank lately as far as blogging goes. I feel like I have things I want to talk about, but don't for one reason or another, and then things that I could talk about, but won't be as interesting. I haven't tried many new recipes lately, and the ones I have tried, I've forgotten to take pictures of so I don't have any sort of photos to go with it. Blogging blah!

This whole lack of things to talk about made me wonder why I even blog or write here. Sure, there are people who come check in, but it's not like I have thousands of followers or anything. I wondered who looked in on my life and came back again? Who found what I had to say interesting? Do people really come here regularly? I checked my "stats" and it appears some people do, although you wouldn't know that from the outside, I don't think.

So why am I here? I guess in short, to get stuff out, to help people, to inspire people, maybe to keep a housewife entertained now and then. And I'm here for myself and my husband, so we can document what we do and see hard evidence that are lives aren't TOTALLY boring...or maybe they are. So clients can see some product reviews in one nice place and maybe even get some inspiration on how to feed their families. For friends to keep up with the small stuff going on. And on the other side of it, for me to get perspective from readers...what do you think of that recipe? What did I say that was just plain stupid and why? I had hopes that it would become a place that people in real life, and in internet life could come to and check in....see what's going down on this side of the world...granted lately not a whole lot has. And in some ways, I think it has, in that people do come through, people do try the recipes, people do think we have good points now and then.

But anyway, that was ramble-y and silly, but it's why I'm here. Maybe soon more will happen around here to give it some "meat" until then, you'll just have to hold on.

No comments:

Post a Comment