Saturday, November 12, 2011

Christmas Contributions: The Cinnamon Roll Project

So not to toot my own horn, so to speak, but I make pretty darn yummy cinnamon rolls. Yep, from scratch. (quick break while I try to stop my mouth from watering). And, to clear things up, it's not just me who thinks so. My whole family actually agrees. It all started when I decided I would bring them to Christmas breakfast one morning. And I pretty much have not been allowed back in the door on Christmas morning unless I have them in hand.

So you may ask, why mess with success? Well, I am just always looking for something to be better, yummier, softer, and a few other words you would use to describe a baked good. Plus, they are in no way easy and tend to be a bit messy as well. They are a labor of love, no doubt totally worth it...but this year I am a bit busier around Christmas (yep, I use that excuse every year), plus what if there is something that dethrones the king? So that is why each year I try out new recipes...go ahead, ask my husband what his favorite time of year is...I am willing to bet he (and his roommates from college) will say cinnamon roll season.  And this year, since I have this blog, I figured I would share this experience with all of you. And since I am going to be doing some baking this week, I figured I would give this introduction now, since the anticipation will hopefully get you to come check it back out! (and if you do happen to come back, don't forget to hit that happy little button that says "follow" so I know you were here and plan to come back!).

Also, please feel free to leave me your recipes to try out, cinnamon roll or otherwise. I am always looking to add to my collection and would love to see what you have to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment